After eight years in the healthcare and fitness industry, Emily decided to switch directions and pursue her passion of helping small business owners navigate the complex and daunting issues of accounting and tax. She obtained her Masters degree in Professional Accounting from The University of Texas at Austin in 2015 and her CPA license in 2016.
Emily started her accounting career at Weaver in Austin where she provided tax compliance for a variety of partnerships and closely-held business clients. Since joining Maxwell Locke & Ritter, Emily has gained experience in trust and individual tax compliance.
An Austin native and active community volunteer, Emily is thrilled to be part of a firm that aligns so closely with her own personal and professional values and actively supports the city she loves.
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Real Estate & Construction
- Wholesale & Retail
- Goucher College - Bachelor of Arts in Theatre & Arts Administration
- University of Texas at Austin - Master of Professional Accounting
- University of Texas at Austin - Master of Clinical Exercise Science
- Austin Council of PTAs – Board Member, Finance Committee Member
- Beyond Batten Disease Foundation – Development Board Member
- Casis Elementary PTA – Community Relations Chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Austin Women Society of CPAs