The life sciences industry is marked by rapid technological advancements and unique financial challenges. Life sciences, medical device, and biotech companies operate in a constantly evolving and highly regulated marketplace. At Maxwell Locke & Ritter, our experienced team brings strong knowledge of accounting for patents and intellectual property and guides life sciences companies through the critical transition from the research and development stage to the sale of products and/or services. Our expertise in inventory management, revenue recognition, and complex debt and equity transactions ensures a seamless shift to operational profitability, supporting your endeavors from research and development to clinical trials to market.
Transforming Life Sciences Enterprises with Strategic Financial Expertise
ML&R understands the critical need for accurate inventory accounting in the life sciences industry, especially given the risk of rapid obsolescence resulting from technological advancements. ML&R’s services include identifying financial risks and providing guidance on related risk mitigation strategies. Our approach helps life sciences companies anticipate and prepare for potential financial challenges, ensuring resilience in an unpredictable industry.
Elevate Your Venture with Expert Financial Guidance
Maxwell Locke & Ritter’s experienced team assists life sciences companies managing complex funding for research and development and navigating complex accounting and disclosure requirements commonly encountered in this industry. Partner with ML&R in the early stages of your company’s life cycle to establish a solid foundation with expert guidance in tax compliance, including maximizing available tax credits, and financial statement audits. As your business grows, Maxwell Locke & Ritter will continue to provide strategic guidance, enhancing operational efficiency and compliance to help you build and secure shareholder value.
- Financial Statement Assurance & Advisory
Audit, other assurance, and advisory services provided by experienced CPAs with a focus on efficiency, providing a critical analysis of your operations, and strengthening your system of internal controls.
- Advisory & Other
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Financial Statement Compilation
- Financial Statement Preparation
- GAAP Advisory, including Revenue Recognition under ASC 606
- Tax Compliance & Advisory
Specialized tax advisory and compliance services aimed at maximizing available incentives and ensuring compliance with tax regulations specific to life sciences companies.
- Federal, State, and Local Income Tax Planning and Compliance
- Income Tax Accounting and Reporting (ASC 740)
- Section 382 Loss Limitations
- Equity-Based Compensation
- Entity Classification and Structuring
- Risk Assurance & Advisory
ML&R’s risk assurance & advisory services help you achieve a more secure IT environment to decrease the risk of costly data breaches.
- HIPAA Risk Assessment & Gap Analysis
- HITRUST Readiness & Ongoing Support
- SOC Readiness, SOC 2, and SOC 2 + HIPAA
- Internal Controls & IT Assessment
- Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Readiness & Compliance
- SOX Program Optimization
- Internal Audit Outsourcing & Co-sourcing
- Enterprise Risk Management
- 401(k) Plan Management
Our affiliate, ML&R Wealth Management, provides retirement and 401(k) plan design and management for growing companies.
- Fiduciary Compliance & Support
- Investment Advisory Services
- Personalized Employee Communications
- Plan Design Consulting
- Regulatory Compliance
Accelerating Success in the Life Sciences Industry with Customized Accounting Support
As your strategic partner in accounting for life sciences companies, Maxwell Locke & Ritter will guide you through every financial aspect of your venture. Our goal is to align your financial strategies with the innovative nature of your work.