Private Equity & Venture Capital
Private equity and venture capital firms face unique challenges in a fast-evolving and competitive financial landscape. Understanding investment valuation and the impact on your financial statements and ensuring tax compliance demands a sophisticated approach. At Maxwell Locke & Ritter, our team’s in-depth understanding of complex equity structures and our tailored services assist investment funds as they navigate the intricate landscape of private equity accounting.
Financial Services for Private Equity & Venture Capital
Maxwell Locke & Ritter consistently delivers exceptional private equity accounting services, helping investors minimize risk and capitalize on exciting opportunities to grow their portfolio. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we leverage our team’s experience to navigate your organization’s complex accounting and tax compliance needs.
ML&R’s Experienced Team Offers Integrated Solutions
Our expertise in private equity accounting is key as we assist our clients with capital gains and Section 1202 planning and carried interest analysis. The growth of international investors and investments introduces complex tax scenarios. Our team is well-equipped to handle these challenges, offering experienced and knowledgeable support.
ML&R’s transaction advisory team brings its deep knowledge and extensive experience as they assist our audit team in understanding valuation issues and industry trends. In addition, our audit and tax teams collaborate closely throughout all stages of a financial statement audit. This synergy ensures a seamless client experience, minimizing redundancies and enhancing efficiency.
- Financial Statement Assurance & Advisory
Audit, other assurance, and advisory services provided by experienced CPAs with a focus on efficiency, providing a critical analysis of your operations, and strengthening your system of internal controls.
- Advisory & Other
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Financial Statement Compilation
- Financial Statement Preparation
- GAAP Advisory, including investment valuation and assistance with purchase accounting
- Tax Compliance & Advisory
Expert tax advisory and compliance services aimed at maximizing available incentives and ensuring compliance with tax regulations specific to the private equity and venture capital industry.
- Federal, State, and Local Income Tax Advisory and Compliance
- Income Tax Accounting and Reporting (ASC 740)
- Cost Segregation
- Research & Development Tax Credits
- Carried Interest Analysis
- Capital Gain Planning
- Tax Distributions Calculation and Planning
- Section 1202 Planning for Portfolio Investments
- Efficient Tax Structure Planning for Portfolio Companies and Funds
- Tax Reporting for Foreign Investors
- Transaction Advisory
The caliber of Quality of Earnings (QoE) deliverables differs greatly from provider to provider. Our collaborative approach and quality deliverables help you achieve a better understanding of the target company’s historical trends and the true value of the business, avoiding post-transaction surprises. Our unique approach to serving our buy-side and sell-side clients includes:
- Insightful, tailored deliverables, including charts and visual key observations to help clients focus on what is truly important
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and services focused analyses and expertise; not a cookie-cutter approach
- Full drill-down capability to transaction-level detail; easy-to-follow databooks
- Integrated tax observations, including federal, state, and local income tax plus sales tax exposure analysis
- Net working capital and indebtedness calculation advice, including consultation on SPA language to mitigate potential post-transaction disputes
- 401(k) Plan Management
Our affiliate, ML&R Wealth Management, provides corporate retirement and 401(k) plan design and management for growing businesses.
- Fiduciary Compliance & Support
- Investment Advisory Services
- Personalized Employee Communications
- Plan Design Consulting
- Regulatory Compliance
Approach Private Equity Accounting Complexities with Confidence
In the fast-paced world of private equity and venture capital, having a financial partner that deeply understands your challenges and opportunities is vital. Our experienced team partners with you to navigate the financial complexities of your investment portfolio. Whether your needs include transaction advisory services or audit, tax, or risk assurance services at the fund or portfolio company level, ML&R is here to guide and support your financial journey.