Tax Manager – Corporate Tax (In-Person, Hybrid, OR Remote)
Location: Austin and/or Round Rock, TX
Remote Eligible: All US states excluding New York, California & Michigan
Compensation: Starting at $90,000 – Commensurate with Experience
Who We Are
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP is the largest locally owned accounting firm in the Greater Austin area. We’re known for offering exceptional work-life balance and for our dedication to our people, our clients, and our community. We’ve been named Accounting Today’s “#1 Best Mid-sized Accounting Firm to Work For” in the US three of the past five years, with a 2nd place ranking in 2020.
What Sets Us Apart
We’re redefining what it means to work in public accounting by:
- Instilling the belief that “No success at work is worth failure at home,” while recognizing everyone’s version of “home” is unique to them
- Leaning on our core values and showing genuine care and concern for one another
- Empowering our people to do what’s best for them, while providing exceptional client service
- Cultivating an environment that allows our people to thrive personally
- Investing in the professional growth of our people
What You’ll Be Doing
As a tax manager, you will lead client tax engagements from start to finish, utilizing your prior technical experience to help clients navigate their tax compliance requirements as well as leading the consulting and planning process. You will be responsible for managing the client’s tax deadlines, filing requirements, and analyzing billing/collections related to the client engagement. Coaching and mentoring junior associates are important in this role, as the growth of all team members is important to the growth of our practice. This role presents a unique opportunity for fast professional development, learning and growing in a team-oriented group with limited travel expectations.
How You Can Grow
Unlike traditional accounting firms, our people create their own personalized career paths, whether they are pursuing a path to partner or not. With dedicated advisors to guide you, we’ll assist you with finding a career path that works for you.
We have a strong history of promoting within – 24 of 27 current partners were promoted to partner after demonstrated success at the firm. Regardless of your path, we provide tools to help you succeed.
Our Commitment to DEI
As a firm that embraces people from different backgrounds, we encourage applications from those who identify with the BIPOC or LGBTQ+ communities, possess visible or hidden disabilities, and/or have served in the military. Let us know if you prefer certain pronouns or if you need reasonable accommodations at any point throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our firm. To support this endeavor, our DEI committee focuses internal efforts on awareness, recruitment, and outreach.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
What We Offer
- PTO: 22 days (increases with firm tenure) plus 8 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave
- Annual bonus through profit-sharing plan
- 401(k) plan including profit-sharing contribution
- Insurance: medical insurance (cafeteria plan including medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts), dental insurance, vision insurance, term-life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing professional education
- Hybrid, flexible scheduling
- Many more perks and benefits
(Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Limited Purpose Medical Flexible Spending Account, Full Medical Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Term Life and AD&D, Long-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.)
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience at a public accounting firm (preferably a Big 4, national, regional, or large local firm)
- Experience serving C-Corp entities, consulting and compliance experience working with multi-state and global business entities, and experience working with FASB ASC 740
- CPA certification
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communication and people skills
- Excellent technology, project management and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in taxation preferred