Maxwell Locke & Ritter has been named the 2019 “#1 Best Mid-sized Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today*. Each year, the publication works with Best Companies Group to create their Best Accounting Firms to Work for list, identifying 100 firms that have excelled in creating quality workplaces for employees. Maxwell Locke & Ritter has been named to the prestigious list of employers consecutively since 2013, but 2019 marks the first time the firm has topped the list of mid-sized firms*.
The firm credits this achievement to the culture created by its founders, Earl Maxwell, Tom Locke and Mark Ritter, who set out to establish a new kind of CPA firm in 1991.
“Since the firm’s inception, our mission, vision and core values have been centered around our people, our clients and our community. We have a 28-year history of empowering our employees to reach their full potential in a supportive and professional environment,” said Kyle Parks, leading partner at Maxwell Locke & Ritter. “Our founders’ goal was to create a workplace where people enjoyed their job and the firm’s culture and looked forward to coming in every day. Being named as one of Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for the last seven years and now being recognized as the ‘#1 Best Mid-sized Accounting Firm to Work for’ shows that vision has been realized. We are committed to sustaining our status as an employer of choice in both the greater Austin area as well as the accounting community at large.”
Firms from across the United States entered the process to determine Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for. Seventy-five percent of the evaluation was based on an employee survey to measure the employee experience which included asking team members whether they agreed with statements like:
- I feel part of a team working toward a shared goal.
- I have confidence in the leadership of this organization.
- This organization treats me like a person, not a number.
- At this organization, employees have fun at work.
- Overall, I’m satisfied with this organization’s benefits package.
- My supervisor handles my personal issues satisfactorily.
- Quality is a top priority with this organization.
- I feel I am valued in this organization.
“The firms on this list represent the best workplaces in the accounting profession,” said Accounting Today Editor-in-Chief Daniel Hood. “They are outstanding places to build a career.”
* Accounting Today has small, mid, and large size categories for their Best Accounting Firms to Work for honors. Mid-size firms are those with 50-249 employees. For more information on Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for program, visit www.BestAccountingFirmsToWorkFor.com.