Spring 2025 Tax Internship (In-Person)
Location: Downtown Austin or Round Rock, TX
Approx. Start/End Dates: 01/21/2025 – 04/17/2025
Hours Requirements: 40-55 hours per week
Who We Are
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP is the largest locally owned accounting firm in the Greater Austin area. We’re known for offering exceptional work-life balance and for our dedication to our people, our clients, and our community. We’ve been named Accounting Today’s “#1 Best Mid-sized Accounting Firm to Work For” in the US for three of the past five years, with a 2nd place ranking in 2020.
What Sets Us Apart
We’re redefining what it means to work in public accounting by:
- Instilling the belief that “No success at work is worth failure at home,” while recognizing everyone’s version of “home” is unique to them
- Leaning on our core values and showing genuine care and concern for one another
- Empowering our people to do what’s best for them, while providing exceptional client service
- Cultivating an environment that allows our people to thrive personally
- Investing in the professional growth of our people No success at work is worth failure at home
What You’ll Be Doing
As a tax intern, you will be a key part of our tax team during the busiest time of the year for accounting professionals. You will be trained on software programs and tax return procedures to prepare federal income tax returns and assist in various tax consulting projects. You will apply your education in a hands-on, fast-paced learning environment, collaborate with associates and partners, and connect with a dedicated mentor throughout your internship.
This is an in-person internship, providing superior developmental, teaming, and experience value.
How You Can Grow
Unlike most tax internship experiences, you will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of tax returns. You will complete returns independently from start to finish, contribute to weekly production meetings, and meet regularly with your mentor in monthly feedback meetings. All interns also have the opportunity to participate in both firmwide and departmental professional development and social offerings.
The learning curve is steep, but you will quickly improve your analytical and professional communication skills to position you for future career success.
Our Commitment to DEI
As a firm that embraces people from different backgrounds, we encourage applications from those who identify with the BIPOC or LGBTQ+ communities, possess visible or hidden disabilities, and/or have served in the military. Let us know if you prefer certain pronouns or if you need reasonable accommodations at any point throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our firm. To support this endeavor, our DEI committee focuses internal efforts on awareness, recruitment, and outreach.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must have completed Intermediate Accounting I AND at least one taxation course
- Must have a B- or better in all accounting courses
- Must have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Must not be enrolled in any classes during the internship period (01/21/2025 – 04/17/2025)
- Availability to work full-time (40-55 hours per week) during the internship period (01/21/2025 – 04/17/2025)
- Availability to work in-office during the internship period (01/21/2025 – 04/17/2025)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills