Business Development Manager
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid)
Who We Are
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP (ML&R) is the largest locally owned accounting firm in the Greater Austin area. We’re known for offering exceptional work-life balance and for our dedication to our people, our clients, and our community. We’ve been named Accounting Today’s “#1 Best Mid-sized Accounting Firm to Work For” in the US three of the past five years, with a 2nd place ranking in 2020.
What Sets Us Apart
We’re redefining what it means to work in public accounting by:
- Instilling the belief that “No success at work is worth failure at home,” while recognizing everyone’s version of “home” is unique to them
- Leaning on our core values and showing genuine care and concern for one another
- Empowering our people to do what’s best for them, while providing exceptional client service
- Cultivating an environment that allows our people to thrive personally
- Investing in the professional growth of our people
Want to see it for yourself? Check out our Instagram (@maxlocrit) and watch this video to learn about the employee experience at ML&R.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a business development manager, you will drive the firm’s strategic growth efforts, sustaining and expanding upon ML&R’s existing market share. You will generate and solidify client leads by attending events, meeting with prospects that would benefit from the firm’s services, leveraging relationships with referral sources, etc. To help the firm maximize its overall growth potential, you will provide input on the firm’s marketing tactics, assist in the proposal process and coach the firm’s next generation of relationship development leaders.
- Generate and solidify client leads for the firm’s five core service lines (audit, IT risk and compliance, tax, transaction advisory and wealth management)
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Develop and connect with a targeted list of prospective clients on a quarterly basis
- Attend relevant networking events (including evening events) in Travis and Williamson County
- Keep an eye on the market, building relationships with companies who have been recently funded or have recently relocated to Central Texas
- Foster relationships with referral sources
- Conduct research to identify new business opportunities
- Facilitate and track new business proposals
- Maintain and leverage customer relationship management software
- Identify cross-selling opportunities using internal and external data sources
- Monitor and analyze marketing and relationship development budgets, identifying opportunities to maximize ROI
- Recommend enhancements to the firm’s various marketing tactics (email, newsletter, social media, website content, etc.)
- Connect the firm’s future leaders with key referral sources and industry contacts
- Coach the firm’s next generation of relationship development leaders
How You Can Grow
Unlike traditional accounting firms, our people create their own personalized career paths. With dedicated advisors to guide you, we’ll assist you with finding a career path that works for you.
Our Commitment to DEI
As a firm that embraces people from different backgrounds, we encourage applications from those who identify with the BIPOC or LGBTQ+ communities, possess visible or hidden disabilities, and/or have served in the military. Let us know if you prefer certain pronouns or if you need reasonable accommodations at any point throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our firm. To support this endeavor, our DEI committee focuses internal efforts on awareness, recruitment, and outreach.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
What We Offer:
- PTO: 22 days (increases with firm tenure) plus 8 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave
- Annual bonus through profit-sharing plan
- 401(k) plan including profit-sharing contribution
- Insurance: medical insurance (cafeteria plan including medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts), dental insurance, vision insurance, term-life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing professional education
- Hybrid, flexible scheduling
- Many more perks and benefits
(Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Limited Purpose Medical Flexible Spending Account, Full Medical Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Term Life and AD&D, Long-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.)
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Proven record of lead generation and sales growth
- Experience with customer relationship management software, including HubSpot, Sugar, or Salesforce
- Experience with relevant sales and analysis tools
- General business acumen
- Highly motivated team player
- Critical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to connect with owners, investors, lenders, CEOs, and CFOs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the public accounting and wealth management industries is a plus
- Experience working in an accounting firm and/or professional services firm is a plus
- Educational background in business, marketing or finance is a plus