During graduate school, Laura interned with a local CPA firm, Cooper Graci & Co., and continued working there full time after graduation. Laura worked on a variety of clients, including non-profit organizations, individuals, trusts, partnerships and corporations.
Laura joined Maxwell Locke & Ritter in September 2007. Laura worked on a variety of clients including non-profit organizations, individuals, trusts, and small businesses. She enjoyed working with non-profits to not only fulfill their compliance requirements but also assist in other financial and governance issues. Laura gained extensive experience working with high net worth individuals with alternative investments and focused on compliance and tax planning.
Laura left Maxwell Locke & Ritter in 2012 to focus on her family life. In 2015, she began working for Meyer Tax Consulting on a broad array of clients similar to her work at Maxwell Locke & Ritter. These included non-profit organizations, individuals, trusts, and small businesses. She also focused on working to resolve client issues with the IRS. In August 2015, Laura seized an opportunity to return to Maxwell Locke & Ritter. She has enjoyed the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to provide excellent service to her clients in an environment that supports personal as well as professional development.
- High-net worth individuals
- Furman University - Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- The University of Texas at Austin - Master of Professional Accounting
- Reset Mentoring, Volunteer
- Estate Planners Council of Central Texas, Member
- Round Rock Community Choir, Member
- Capital Metro Customer Service Advisory Committee, Chair
- Women’s Symphony League, Member
- Chorus Austin, Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants