Colleen began her professional career in 2015 at Berti Spechler Sarmiento McKay & Co. in Santa Barbara, CA, after graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara. There she continued her accounting education and worked as a volunteer tax preparer with the United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Colleen has also worked as a bookkeeper preparing financial statements for her clients, with an emphasis on high net-worth individuals and real estate investment partnerships. As an accountant assistant she supported her tax and engagement team with special focus on passthrough entity and individual tax preparation.
Colleen joined Maxwell Locke & Ritter in 2021 because of its progressive company culture and stellar client service reputation. She provides reporting and testing support to the audit team and hopes to be of service to the Austin community.
- Audit & Engagement Support
- Administrative Support
- University of California at Santa Barbara - Bachelor of Arts, Global Studies & International Relations
- Santa Barbara City College - Associate of Science, Accounting
- Santa Barbara City College - Associate of Arts, Economics
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants