James joined Maxwell Locke & Ritter in 2015 after several years with a fast growing local tax preparation and legal representation firm as CFO/COO. Prior to that experience he served for three years as CFO/COO for a large charitable foundation and family home office overseeing a number of small businesses. In both roles, James provided corporate accounting oversight, treasury, vendor management, operational efficiency and effectiveness oversight, strategic direction, client experience responsibilities and general staff and operational oversight for the organizations.
Prior to his two CFO/COO roles, James worked for CoreLogic, serving in various executive level roles for the Mortgage Information Services group. He also has Big 4 accounting experience with PwC, where he served in the Audit practice and in the Strategic Risk Services area doing operational and control reviews of governmental and publicly traded organizations. He has also worked in State government as CFO of an agency and in technology arena as an Internal Audit Director.
James is born and raised in Austin and has been very fortunate to have many years of great working and personal relationships and always strives to add value and bless those he comes in contact with and looks to continue that at Maxwell Locke & Ritter for years into the future.
- Strategic direction
- Leadership of support team, human resources, internal accounting and information technology
- Supporting leadership team and partners
- Risk management
- The University of Texas at Austin - Bachelor of Business Administration
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Servant
- Local church leadership and service
- Austin Area Texas Exes
- United Way
- eTeen CBS, Middle School Student Ministry
- CFO Leadership Council
- Financial Executives Institute
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Life Member of Texas Exes