In 1989, A.J. began his public accounting career in the Houston office of Touche Ross. Later in 1989, he was moved to the Austin office of Deloitte & Touche, which eventually became Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP in 1991.
A.J. has concentrated in auditing and consulting services, especially for closely-held businesses. He has served many companies reaching the transitional level in accounting and financial reporting issues. He tries to establish a client relationship based on open communication and trust so that clients feel comfortable calling with any business question — even if it is not directly related to an accounting or financial issue.
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Film & Entertainment
- Real Estate Development and Construction
- Wholesale & Retail
- University of Texas at Austin - Bachelor of Business Administration, Honors Program
- Bastrop Sportsmen's Organization, Committee Member
- Lost Pines Golf Club, Inc., Executive Director and Treasurer
- Bastrop Little League, Treasurer
- Bastrop Sportsmen's Organization, Treasurer, Executive Board Member
- Rodeo Austin, Committee Member
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Committee Member, Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- CPAmerica International